[cfe-dev] Why no Debian package for libc++?

Arji Cot arjicot at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 17:17:28 PDT 2013

The errors are probably caused by the fact that you need ( and you are not
providing it to the linker ) libcxxabi http://libcxxabi.llvm.org/ .

In general terms I personally consider both libcxx and libcxxabi under
Linux pretty useless right now.

The main issues are:
 - libcxx and libcxxabi are simply not ready yet for Linux, they are just
incomplete and without a real support from the llvm project
 - in the end libcxx and libcxxabi will use libsupc++ and stdlibc++ anyway,
so there is no point in using them, you are just introducing a new
dependence for nothing

I personally have little to no faith in libcxx taking over libstdc++ under
Linux in the immediate future.