[cfe-dev] Why no Debian package for libc++?

Sian Mountbatten poenikatu at fastmail.co.uk
Fri Jul 26 11:42:46 PDT 2013

Dear List

I have downloaded the latest Debian packages for Clang/LLVM, for which I
am very
grateful. It has certainly provided the necessary C++11 tools I need for my
learning of C++11.

However, I notice that libc++ is missing from those Debian packages. Is
it possible
to create a Debian package for the LLVM version of libc++?

I should like to bring to your attention a small matter concerned with
libc++.
I downloaded the source a few days ago and executed the 'buildit' script
in the
libcxx/lib directory. This successfully produced libc++.so.1.0 which I
put into
/usr/local/lib (plus links).

Yesterday, I did the same thing again because I wanted the latest
version. The
buildit script produced a library which I again moved to /usr/local/lib.
When I
used clang++ to use that library, I received a whole lot of error
messages which
I have uploaded to my web-site
http://www.poenikatu.co.uk/c++/libc++-err.log.
Could somebody look at those errors to see what has happened to libc++?

My system is Debian wheezy 7.1 amd64 with kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64 SMP. My
locale is
eo.UTF-8.

Sincerely

--