[cfe-dev] How to install scan-build and scan-view?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 11:54:41 PDT 2013

Hi All,

According to http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/installation:

    Currently these [scan-build and scan-view] are not installed
    using make install, and are located in
    $(SRCDIR)/tools/clang/tools/scan-build and
    $(SRCDIR)/tools/clang/tools/scan-view respectively (where
    $(SRCDIR) is the root LLVM source directory). These
    locations are subject to change.

I deleted my build directories after `make install`, so I no longer
have scan-build and scan-view.

Once I download and build the tools again, what needs to be copied
where? In my case, I'm using prefix=/usr/local, so can I assume
something needs to be copied into /usr/local/bin? Is that something
limited to scan-build and scan-view? Or are there other dependencies?

Jeff