[cfe-dev] RFC: Where to put new tool, related to C++11 Migrator, that has external deps

Manuel Klimek klimek at google.com
Sat Jul 6 00:13:03 PDT 2013

+djasper, who has been doing some work in that area

we definitely do not use any merge tools; they're imo mainly useful if you
have unknown other changes, but in our case everything is known. Simply
applying everything on a single Rewriter should do exactly what you want -
the main problem is:
- find a good on-disk representation
- have a small program to slurp it in and apply the changes, if possible
with multi-threading

The reason we haven't contributed any of that upstream yet is:
- need to learn how to do multi-threading with LLVM libs
- need a good way to store the intermediate representation (probably should
be YAML)

Cheers,
/Manuel