[cfe-dev] Disabling clang compiler warnings, but not static analyzer ones

Gábor Kozár kozargabor at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 04:59:38 PDT 2013

Hi,

To test the checkers we've developed, we would like to disable all clang
warnings, except from the ones coming from our checker. We've tried the -w
flag, but it also suppresses our own checker's warnings. We're running the
clang with the -Xclang -analyzer-checker="testchecker" flags.

We have some work-around ideas (putting a unique marker string in our
warnings, and filter out any warnings that do not contain them), but I feel
that this is something most checker developers would run into
sooner-or-later, so surely, there must be a better solution.

So how could we disable all clang warnings, except for the ones emitted by
our specific checker?

Thanks!

Gabor