[cfe-dev] Need Help Printing Preprocessed Code and Modifying CFG

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Thu Jul 4 10:23:17 PDT 2013

On Jul 3, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Kevin Boos <kevinaboos at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I've narrowed down what I really need from Clang -- the ability to delete a note from the AST/CFG and then output that modified AST as source code.

Hi Kevin,

Responding to just the comment, the CFG should be viewed as a data structure that is lazily constructed from the AST.  It is a “view” on the AST, but it shouldn’t be viewed as something you can mutate.  Also, the CFG may contain AST elements not in the original AST (particularly DeclStmts) for purposes of easier analysis.  This latter part is something we may wish to change in the future by adding new CFGElements, but that’s something that is currently done now.

Ted