[cfe-dev] Problem with libc++/libstdc++ interoperability on OS X

Florian Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Tue Jan 29 17:59:40 PST 2013

On Jan29, 2013, at 19:13 , Howard Hinnant <hhinnant at apple.com> wrote:
> The only workaround I'm aware of at the moment is to not mix libstdc++ and libc++.

Unfortunately, since libc++ gets pulled in (indirectly) via libSystem on OS X 10.8, that is easier said than done. I had hoped that there might be a way to convince the dynamic linker to ignore the broken symbols in libc++.

> This logic for this code has been both moved and fixed.  It is now in the libcxxabi project:

Oh, good to know. It seems that the broken stdexcept.cpp wasn't removed from libc++ HEAD though.

BTW, I reported this at https://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/ as issue 13100815.

best regards,
Florian