[cfe-dev] (no subject)

Pedro Delgado Perez pedro.delgadoperez at mail.uca.es
Mon Jan 28 02:06:07 PST 2013

 I had some problems when running make and I was recommended to try a release build. The release build did work, but now i'm not sure if it is a good option as I want to develop a tool using clang to go through the AST. Please, could you tell me how is the best way to configure llvm for this purpose? Now, I have a directory called Release+Asserts.In addition, I'm following the instructions in http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html [ http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html ]  and I don't know if I have to do what it is explained in:Simultaneously Building Clang and LLVMOnce you have checked out Clang into the llvm source tree it will build along with the rest of llvm. To build all of LLVM and Clang together all at once simply runmake from the root LLVM directory.Is this neccesary?Finally, I've been trying to test if I can run the example shown in http://clang.llvm.org/docs/RAVFrontendAction.html [ http://clang.llvm.org/docs/RAVFrontendAction.html ], but when I reach to the part the document says to create a CmakeLists, I don't know what I have to do in this point. Is it neccesary to install and use cmake? what do you recommend me to do? As you can see, I'm newbie and I'm quite lost. Thanks, Pedro.