[cfe-dev] Problem when configuring llvm and clang

Pedro Delgado Perez pedro.delgadoperez at mail.uca.es
Tue Jan 15 04:40:28 PST 2013

I'm following http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html [ http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html ] and i have a problem in the step 6. Build llvm and clang.

When I run ../llvm/configure

I got the next error:

> configure: error: Selected compiler could not find or parse C++ standard library headers. Rerun > with CC=c-compiler CXX=c++-compiler ./configure ...

I was looking for information and came across with these two threads:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2011-August/016464.html [ http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2011-August/016464.html ]
and
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2011-October/044841.html [ http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2011-October/044841.html ]

If I do
$which clang++
/usr/bin/clang++

And
$g++ --version
g++ (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3
$which g++-4.6
/usr/bin/g++-4.6

So i rerun
../llvm/configure CXX="/usr/bin"

and also with CXXFLAGS=-stdlib=libc++, but both ways now I get the same error:
> checking tool compatibility... configure: error: g++|clang++|icc required > but not found

I don't know what's the problem. Please, I need help because I don't know what can I do.
Maybe, i haven't set environment variables correctly.