[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Need some brief explanation about llvm::MemoryBuffer and llvm::SourceMgr

Justin Holewinski justin.holewinski at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 10:33:13 PST 2013

Is this for user prompts, or just reading data from stdin?  You can use
MemoryBuffer::getSTDIN to read the contents of stdin into a memory buffer.
 Then you can get the data pointer and size and read it in.  As far as I
know, there is not a good way to implement user prompts with the LLVM APIs.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 4:57 AM, Journeyer J. Joh
<oosaprogrammer at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I learned that under LLVM, #including of <iostream> is forbidden.
> Instead LLVM provides llvm::raw_ostream(for std::cout, std::cerr) and
> llvm::MemoryBuffer(for input stream).
>
> And using of llvm::raw_ostream is pretty easy but for me learning of
> how to use llvm::MemoryBuffer is pretty much difficult.
>
> I found a good sample code; utils/yaml2obj/yaml2obj.cpp.
> The function, main() in this file provides a hint which is not enough
> for me though.
>
> I still cannot figure out how to use llvm::MemoryBuffer.
> What I need is just a means of doing std::cin.
>
> Could someone explain about this?
>
> Thank you in advance.
> --

Thanks,