[cfe-dev] Inter procedural analysis across translation unit in clang static analyzer

Karthik Bhat blitz.opensource at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 01:52:20 PST 2013

Hi All,

I was going through clang project and found static analyzer to be a quite
useful tool. I would like to work and contribute on the same. I went
through the code and developed few basic checkers(Socket stream checker
etc) to start with.

I had a doubt which i wanted to clarify from the community.

If i'm not wrong Clang static tool currently supports only one translation
unit at a time and so inter procedural analysis across translation unit is
not supported.
Is there any plan to support the same in clang static analyzer?
What kind of infrastructure would be required in static analyzer core to
support this feature?
Will it require detailed understanding of clang front end(AST etc)?

Thanks
Karthik