[cfe-dev] Using C++11 in clang-tools-extra Round 2

Vane, Edwin edwin.vane at intel.com
Tue Jan 8 11:54:34 PST 2013

Nico wrote:
I don't know if libstdc++ is abi-compatible with itself in c++11 mode and in c++98 mode. I thought someone said it might not be, but I'm not sure.

[Edwin] Is this something to be concerned about if all of llvm/clang/tools-extra is built with c++11 enabled by a compiler that is itself c++11 enabled?

> Keep in mind that building clang/llvm with c++11 support would only be
> a requirement for those working with the tools-extra repository

I'm worried less about devs and more about users wanting to use binaries / packages from tools-extra.

[Edwin] Is it possible to get binaries from tools-extra without building from source? Are they distributed? If not, then any user will also be a developer. At least in the case of cpp11-migrate anybody wanting to use that tool will already be familiar with c++11 problems right?