[cfe-dev] Using C++11 in clang-tools-extra Round 2

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 7 23:56:51 PST 2013

On 7 Jan 2013, at 19:23, Nico Weber wrote:

> C++11 library support on OS X requires libc++, which in turn means
> that binaries won't run on OS X versions earlier than 10.7. Then
> again, newer Xcodes don't support 10.6 any more, so it's probably not
> a big deal. Just wanted to point this out.

On FreeBSD we have a similar situation.  libc++ can work, but won't be part of the base system's default install until 9.2 (which should be soon, since 9.1 was massively delayed).  Currently, I don't think the build logic for building libc++ as part of the LLVM build will correctly detect the libcxxrt that we have in the base system.

It would be a shame to make development difficult on the two platforms that have switched to clang as the default compiler...

David