[cfe-dev] clang++ some_c++11_source.cpp -std=c++11 -Weverything -Werror

Matthieu Monrocq matthieu.monrocq at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 10:53:01 PST 2013

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Sean Silva <silvas at purdue.edu> wrote:

> -Weverything literally means "everything". -Wc++98-compat is a warning
> and is hence part of "everything". Just disable it with
> -Wno-c++98-compat (along with any other warnings you run into).
>
> -- Sean Silva

The important point here is that one might want to compile as C++11 to
benefit from optimizations (such as move constructors) whilst still
retaining a codebase compatible with older compilers. Therefore it does
make sense for c++98-compat to be active even in C++11 mode; after all, in
C++98, you would not need it!

-- Matthieu