[cfe-dev] __is_pod documentation is misleading

Jeff Walden jwalden+clang at mit.edu
Tue Feb 26 15:45:59 PST 2013

http://clang.llvm.org/docs/LanguageExtensions.html claims __is_pod is also supported by GNU and Microsoft.  That's true, but the Microsoft implementation has different semantics -- it's false for fundamental types.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ms177194%28v=vs.80%29.aspx

It may be worth noting this difference so people familiar with clang/GNU __is_pod semantics don't find out the hard way that MSVC's are different.  I wouldn't be surprised if other traits have different MSVC semantics, given this surprising difference, but I only checked __is_pod.

Jeff