[cfe-dev] External Symbolizer with ubsan

zapadinsky zapadinsky at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:20:00 PST 2013

>> -fsanitize=integer somehow print the line number and character of an
>> operator raised an overflow error. Why enum sanitizer needs symbolizer?
>> There was an idea to print the stack trace?

>Two things: firstly, ubsan can't currently determine the source location
>for all checks at build time; for a few, we work out the location based on
>return address at runtime. That's just due to incomplete implementation.
>Secondly, as you suspect, we want to include a stack trace eventually.

Yes stack trace would be a great feature for all ubsan checks. But now enum
sanitizer signalling a problem line dozen of times. And printing the stack
trace each time will hang debug process...

It is not obvious why it is so different from integer sanitizer which can
determine the source location and signal problem line only once. Integer
sanitizer looks rather mature compared to enum sanitizer.