[cfe-dev] Traces of SVal in BugReporterVisitor

YuvalShahar yuval.shahar.007 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 01:51:09 PST 2013

Hi Gerard, Anna,

I have been trying to do the same thing, or should I say "failing to do the
same thing..." :)

I tried adding a checker that will add sval-s to the state as they are
created, and then let the BugReporterVisitor trace the state in which they
were added. This requires a ProgramStateTrait that is known both to the
checker and to the visitor, and though I try following the Taint examole, I
am currently stuck in this direction too.

I also tried marking the sval (and the sval->getAsSymbol()) as important, as
Anna suggested, but that didn't seem to do anything... I think it would have
satisfied me, but I cannot make it work.
Anna, Can you please help here?

Thanks, Yuval.