[cfe-dev] informative stats to gather on building llvm/clang?

David Tweed david.tweed at arm.com
Wed Feb 13 01:14:09 PST 2013

Hi,

people who work ON llvm/clang are a bit atypical in that we build llvm/clang
as often as we build things using WITH them. Since the code base is
increasing, I thought I'd take a look at how things break down in a typical
build (to see if there's anything obviously "huh?" going on). I'm building
using enable-optimized, disable-assertions version of clang++ trunk from
around about the 3.2 release time. At the moment (on a Linux machine) I'm
collecting the user, system time and the minor, major page faults. I was
wondering if anyone in hte community has any suggestions about any other
statistics it would be informative to gather.

Many thanks for any illumination,

cheers,
Dave