[cfe-dev] The size of a pointer to function.

John McCall rjmccall at apple.com
Tue Feb 12 15:16:49 PST 2013

On Feb 12, 2013, at 1:28 PM, Abramo Bagnara <abramo.bagnara at bugseng.com> wrote:
> Il 12/02/2013 20:38, Abramo Bagnara ha scritto:

>>> If you can get LLVM's MSP430 maintainers on the record as planning to support this extension, then I'm willing to take your patch.
>>
>> Who is MSP430 maintainer?

Anton.

> I've just read in this page https://www.fooe.net/trac/llvm-msp430/ that
> indeed the people involved in llvm msp430 backend plan to add:
>
> - MSP430X support (specifically, near/far pointers)
>
> Is this what you wanted to accept this patch?

That page hasn't been touched since a small flurry of activity three years ago.
That is not an actual plan;  that is some people getting briefly excited by a
project and then abandoning it, which (to be frank) is an excellent summation
of the history of LLVM's MSP430 support.

Please just maintain your patch privately.

John.