[cfe-dev] Adding constant optimizations to Clang AST

dmanatunga manatunga at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 14:18:33 PST 2013

David Blaikie wrote
> Why? LLVM optimizations will already do the right thing with this sort of
> code.

It is for an assignment that has been given to me. The Professor wants it
done it for the Clang AST as opposed to the llvm IR.

David Blaikie wrote
> Are you trying to transform the user's code for them? (ie: do you
> expect to modify the original source files or otherwise give this
> source back to the user in some form) Or just produce better binaries?

I am not modifying the original source file, or expect to give the source
back to the user in some form. Just producing a better binary. I understand
Clang tries to retain as much of the original code specification in the AST
as possible, but I am basically ignoring that.

-Dilan