[cfe-dev] Error in Tutorial for building tools using LibTooling and LibASTMatchers

Pedro Delgado Perez pedro.delgadoperez at mail.uca.es
Tue Feb 5 07:34:37 PST 2013

Thank you Nikola. I had only 4,5 GB, but now I have over 7GB and I still have linking errors:

> [1/2] Linking CXX executable bin/clang-3.3
> FAILED: : && /usr/bin/c++  -fPIC -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wno-uninitialized -fno-common -Woverloaded-virtual -Wcast-qual -fno-strict-aliasing -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -fno-rtti  tools/clang/tools/driver/CMakeFiles/clang.dir/driver.cpp.o tools/clang/tools/driver/CMakeFiles/clang.dir/cc1_main.cpp.o tools/clang/tools/driver/CMakeFiles/clang.dir/cc1as_main.cpp.o -o bin/clang-3.3 -rdynamic l
>
> .... ....
>
> lib/libclangLex.a lib/libclangBasic.a lib/libLLVMMC.a lib/libLLVMObject.a lib/libLLVMSupport.a -lrt -ldl -lpthread && :
> collect2: ld terminado con la seƱal 9 [Terminado (killed)]
> ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

What can I do? Could be RAM memory also involved? I have around 1GB. Could you tell me where I can find how to change ld with gold?

Pedro.

El dia 04 feb 2013 21:43, Nikola Smiljanic <popizdeh at gmail.com> escribiĆ³:
> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 4:44 AM, Pedro Delgado Perez <pedro.delgadoperez at mail.uca.es [ mailto:pedro.delgadoperez at mail.uca.es ]>wrote:
>
> Could it be a lack of memory proble or is it another kind of problem?

It looks like a memory problem. You need around 4GB + some swap space. Changing ld with gold would also help.