[cfe-dev] Keyword warnings in libc++'s type_traits and other headers

Howard Hinnant howard.hinnant at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 20:40:13 PST 2013

On Dec 23, 2013, at 8:28 PM, Alp Toker <alp at nuanti.com> wrote:

> This would still conflict with the keyword in current clang versions and other compilers that don't have a quality __has_feature() implementation.
>
> To reiterate, you'll do well to avoid the __is_* prefix entirely regardless of whether you can feature-test for individual availability of the keywords.

Hi Alp.  libc++ was using __is_void first.  clang needs to avoid stepping on existing identifiers too.  Get a __has_feature going and we're happy to meet you half way.  Neither clang nor libc++ has full ownership of the __namespace.  We have to share it.  It would be just as silly for us to be telling you to avoid this space because we're likely to step on you in the future.

Howard