[cfe-dev] Should -Wundeclared-selector be in -Wall?

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Mon Dec 16 15:00:23 PST 2013

We generally try to push this warning now.  It is on by default in newly created Xcode projects, and Xcode will ask you to enable it when you upgrade to a new version of Xcode.  This has been in place for a while now.  We tend not to want to add new warnings to -Wall just for legacy compatibility concerns.  I personally would have no problem adding it to -Wall.  -Wall is not a setting that most Objective-C developers use since it isn’t exposed directly in Xcode.