[cfe-dev] clang-cl equivalent option for VC++'s /EH(x)

Charles Davis cdavis5x at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 20:42:17 PST 2013

On Nov 20, 2013, at 11:15 AM, Reid Kleckner wrote:
>  However, I believe it *does* support win64 exceptions, but I haven't tested it personally.
It does *not*, because I never finished that support. ;) Kai Nacke is working on finishing it (based on the unfinished patch I sent him), but the part that actually calls MC to write the Win64 SEH unwinding instructions hasn't been committed yet. He recently sent an updated patch to llvm-commits; you might try that ;).

> LLVM will probably never support the full asynchronous exception model of MSVC because it won't ever model control flow from each load, store, or div that might trap to associated cleanup code.
>
> I would support wiring up /EH(x) to support C++ exceptions on win64, and warning that we're ignoring it on 32-bit Windows like we do today.  We should probably warn on the 'a' modifier, since we won't implement it.
Just so you know, explicit SEH (i.e. '__try'/'__except'/'__finally' blocks) needs the 'a' modifier to work fully. (At least, that's what the documentation says. My informal and incomplete testing seems to indicate otherwise.)