[cfe-dev] [Static Analyzer] Performing analysis on the specified functions

Philip Reames listmail at philipreames.com
Mon Dec 2 10:59:01 PST 2013

On 12/2/13 8:31 AM, Gabor Kozar wrote:
> Therefore, I'd like to make the SA treat constructors as entry points.
> More generally, how can I control which functions are analyzed (i.e.
> treated as entry points)? If this is not really something that can be
> done externally (i.e. outside Clang itself), where should I look
> inside the Clang source for this logic? (We can then create a patch,
> and ship a custom-patched version of Clang alongside with our checker
> library.)
If it doesn't already exist (I don't know), a general mechanism to
specify a set of entry points would be a useful mechanism to add. For
example, I'd like every test to be considered a valid entry point to the
program.  This could be faked of course (via calls to the test runner in
the program main or by analyzing the test driver itself), but being able
to simply specify the list at analysis time would be helpful.

Philip