[cfe-dev] Next batch of -Wgnu flags

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 15:56:26 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM, Peter N Lewis <peter at stairways.com.au>wrote:

> I'm currently waiting for approval or feedback on adding the following GNU
> flags in the -Wgnu group:
>
> gnu-binary-literal
> gnu-imaginary-constant
> gnu-line-zero-directive
> gnu-token-pasting-comma
> gnu-zero-variadic-macro-arguments
>
> And then the next batch of names (which I've done already) is:
>
> gnu-anonymous-struct
> gnu-compound-literal-initializer
> gnu-empty-struct
> gnu-flexible-array-initializer
> gnu-flexible-array-union-member
> gnu-folding-initializer-constant
> gnu-folding-integer-constant
> gnu-only-flexible-array-member
> gnu-redeclared-class-member
> gnu-redeclaration-enum
> gnu-struct-without-named-member
> gnu-union-cast
> gnu-variable-sized-type-not-at-end

gnu-empty-struct, gnu-struct-without-named-member, and
gnu-only-flexible-array-member are all variants of the same extension
(allowing structs without a named member); it probably makes sense to put
them all under gnu-empty-struct.

gnu-folding-initializer-constant and gnu-folding-integer-constant are also
variants of the same extension (along with ext_vla_folded_to_constant)

gnu-redeclared-class-member probably shouldn't have "gnu" in the name; it's
not really an intentional extension.

(This isn't a formal review; please continue to submit patches as you have
been doing.)

-Eli