[cfe-dev] APFloat::toString() handling of MS FLT_MAX and DBL_MAX

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Mon Aug 26 17:19:00 PDT 2013

I just hit this myself (months later!) trying to round-trip floats through strings. I don't think the problem is printed values exceeding their maximums so much as that APFloat::toString thinks the natural precision for DBL_MAX is one digit shorter than it actually is. I'll take a look, but someone with more floating-point experience might be able to get to the bottom of this sooner.

Jordan