[cfe-dev] [libc++] c++14 return type deduction usage should be limited

Howard Hinnant hhinnant at apple.com
Tue Aug 13 08:04:55 PDT 2013

On Aug 13, 2013, at 9:14 AM, Zhihao Yuan <lichray at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Zhihao Yuan <lichray at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure that the typedef is nothing but a tag for SFINAE.
>> You can take a look at the file attached, which works with
>> my patch applied.
>
> Excuse me?  Any responses on this?

Marshall checked in is_transparent yesterday in r188241 with an implementation of N3657 fro set and multiset.

I've been looking for an example that detects the lack of explicit return type on the functors and haven't found one yet.  Do you have one?  If it isn't detectable, then what is there is ok under the "as if" rule.

Howard