[cfe-dev] Requirements for production-ready StreamChecker

Aditya Kumar hiraditya at codeaurora.org
Fri Aug 9 13:12:18 PDT 2013

I started improving the simpleStreamChecker and the video talk on building a
simple stream checker was very helpful.

I have a couple of questions.

1. The function `SimpleStreamChecker::initIdentifierInfo' gets called every
time functions `checkPostCall' and `checkPreCall' are invoked. Is it
necessary?
What I understand is that initIdentifierInfo maps a token with the function
name (e.g. fopen, fclose) into the ASTContext.
So as long as there is one call to initIdentifierInfo during the analysis it
should be okay, right?

2. Should we use BugType::setSuppressOnSink() for all the non-severe bugs?