[cfe-dev] Intel open sources OpenMP runtime

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Mon Apr 29 04:25:57 PDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

So I tried this ;) -- and, FWIW, did not find much that was actually useful. The most useful thing seemed to be an except from The IT/digital Legal Companion: A Comprehensive Business Guide to Software ... (edited by Amy J. Mastrobattista) which states on page 255, "It is likely -- but not certain -- that a grantor of an open source software license which is silent on patent matters does, nevertheless, grant an implied license under US federal law for use of patent rights held by the licensor that are necessary to exercise the license." Then again, this book is from 2008, so maybe there is some more-recent case law that makes these issues more certain.

 -Hal