[cfe-dev] GSoC Proposal: Improve Windows Support

João Matos ripzonetriton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 03:41:58 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 6:43 AM, endlessroad1991 at gmail.com <
endlessroad1991 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's the current status of clang on Windows?
>
> I tried llvm & clang r180250 with MSVC 2012, with "clang++ -Xclang
> -cxx-abi -Xclang microsoft -c 1.cpp"
>  1. Can't parse MSVC headers. <iostream>, in this case

You need to patch the preprocessor to get most of MSVC 2012 headers working.

> 2. Even if I specified -cxxabi microsoft, "dumpbin /disasm 1.o" gives
> wrong mangled name: _Z1fi for "void f(int)",instead of cl compiled
> object(?f@@YAXH at Z)

That should work. Anyway that reminds me it's about time we make Microsoft
ABI the default when targeting the MSVC headers. What do you think? I had
done a patch that did this a few months, I can send it for review.

--
João Matos