[cfe-dev] Thread Sanitizer reporting "failed to intercept clock_gettime"

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Apr 24 10:45:38 PDT 2013

Hi all,

We have been trying out Thread Sanitizer lately (on ubuntu 12.10, with clang trunk) and just ran into a problem where it outputs:

FATAL: ThreadSanitizer: failed to intercept clock_gettime

We do indeed use the clock_gettime() API (via a 3rd party library, but whatever).

What does this error message mean?  Is this a tsan bug?  Or something that's our fault?

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com