[cfe-dev] Ignoring system headers in a RecursiveASTVisitor

Tom Fairfield antirush at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 14:08:22 PDT 2013

I'm building a tool with the libtooling API - running an ASTFrontendAction
with a RecursiveASTVisitor.

By default, the visitor gets run for all included files, including system
headers (<string> and the like).

I can ignore all included files (and therefore only run on the files passed
on the commandline) by overriding TraversDecl and checking

context->getSourceManager().isFromMainFile(d->getLocation());

Unfortunately, this stops me from traversing user included files.  Ideally,
I'd like to traverse non-system headers and ignore system headers.  Is
there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

- Tom