[cfe-dev] What llvm class does the clang use instead of llvm::ExecutionEngine?

Journeyer J. Joh oosaprogrammer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 04:29:55 PDT 2012

Hello list,

I have a simple question.

Q: What llvm class does the clang use instead of llvm::ExecutionEngine?

I am studying clang and llvm tutorial.
In the llvm tutorial, a functional language - kaleidoscope - is explained.
For kaleidoscope, llvm::ExecutionEngine is used to JIT.
So I searched it in clang. But the class is not used in clang at all.
llvm::ExecutionEngine is for JIT compilation and Interpreter.

So I want to know then in clang what is used instead of llvm::ExecutionEngine.

I am looking in the source code but I welcome some help if possible.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Journeyer J. Joh
o o s a p r o g r a m m e r