[cfe-dev] Potential Outage Tonight

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Wed Oct 24 19:58:19 PDT 2012

Dear All,

When it rains, it pours.

I just got an emergency email that a chilled water feed to the Computer
Science department stopped working, causing the temperature in some of
the machine rooms to get over 100 degrees F.  Machines in those rooms
have been turned off to prevent damage.

It looks like llvm.org has been affected, but the mailing lists are
still working.  However, temperatures are rising in other machine rooms,
too, so it's possible that our IT people will shut them down, too, if
the temperature gets too hot.

For communication, please use the #llvm channel on irc.oftc.net.

-- John T.