[cfe-dev] Clang/LLVM Member Function Pointers size and behavior?

Devid DevOmem at web.de
Tue Oct 16 13:28:49 PDT 2012

> AFAIK MS name mangling in x64 is pretty broken atm.
Unfortunately this is true.
But I use name mangling from Itanium ABI and this is not a problem.

> Why do you need member pointer compatiblity with MSVC even when using
> Itanium ABI?
What I really need is MSVC compatible Code Generation.
It is even enough that this is work only in x64 because we do not use x32.

What we have are Member Function Pointers that need to be called correctly.
Other MSVC compatibility problems are not as important for now.

Right now I just truing to estimate how difficult it would to make Member
Function Pointers to work.