[cfe-dev] Clang/LLVM Member Function Pointers size and behavior?

Devid DevOmem at web.de
Tue Oct 16 06:26:48 PDT 2012

I am working on Windows with Clang and have one big problem.

How to force Clang/LLVM to make Member Function Pointers size the same as
Function Pointers?
(8 bytes on x64)

The behavior of MFP need to be the same as Microsoft Compiler with /vms
switch.

//vms 	      Specifies the most general representation of a pointer to a
member of a class to be one that uses either no inheritance or single
inheritance.      The corresponding inheritance keyword and argument to
#pragma pointers_to_members is single_inheritance.     This is the smallest
possible representation of a pointer to a member of a class.     If the
inheritance model of a class definition for which a pointer to a member is
declared is multiple or virtual, the compiler generates an error./

I could not find any Clang switch for this, but may be the Clang code can be
changes to force this ?
The the question is where to start and how hard this will be ?

thanks!