[cfe-dev] computed goto/labels as values in interpreters

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 17:55:12 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Carsten Mattner
<carstenmattner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Carsten Mattner
> <carstenmattner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Carsten Mattner
>> <carstenmattner at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Sending the files again, now publicly. Can you test and try to fix
>>> the infinite loop now?
>>>
>>> Any news on the slow and memory intensive compile of beam_emu.c
>>> mentioned earlier?
>>
>> Was somebody able to inspect the issues?
>
> Anybody?

I took a quick look at wxe_funcs.cpp; it doesn't hang for me with
trunk clang.  -ftime-report does show us spending an insane amount of
time in the loop-unswitch pass, and it's using a lot of memory (around
500 megabytes?), but it does complete successfully.

-Eli