[cfe-dev] OpenMP support in CLANG: A proposal

Mahesha HS mahesha.llvm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 19:38:20 PDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 5:14 AM, Eli Friedman <eli.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Mahesha HS <mahesha.llvm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Eli and Others

>> - I removed clangOMP.a
>> and moved the implementation of "class OmpPragmaHandler" to "clangLex.a".
>>
>> The attached zipped file - namely - 'OpenMP_support_in_Clang.tar.gz'
>> contains all the implemented
>> "patches" along with *newly* added source files.
>>
>> Another attached text file - namely - 'OpenMP_support_in_Clang_Read_Me.txt'
>> briefly describes the
>> implementation.
>>
>> You can also refer to the initial proposal document - namely -
>> 'OpenMP_Support_in_Clang.pdf'.
>>
>> Looking forward for your review comments.
>
> Can you please split this patch somehow?  This is way too big to
> easily review.  I'd like to see separate patches for the command-line
> option, the pragma handler itself, parsing each pragma, each new AST
> node, and semantic analysis for each kind of pragma, with testcases
> for every patch.  And the more you can split them, the better to get
> through reviews faster.
>
> Please include new files in patches using "svn add"; don't send new
> files separately.
>
> Please look over patches before submitting to make sure you don't
> include unnecessary changes to whitespace etc.

Thanks for the reply. Sure, I will again send updated patches which
take care of all the above comments.This is the first time, I am
sending the patch to CLANG/LLVM community in particular, and to any
open source community, in general. Also, I was in a hurry to send the
patch based on your first reply. Will be sending the updated patches
soon.

-mahesha

--
mahesha