[cfe-dev] Bug 11806

Olaf Krzikalla Olaf.Krzikalla at tu-dresden.de
Mon Oct 8 03:23:37 PDT 2012

Am 07.10.2012 23:47, schrieb Grzegorz Jablonski:
> My work is based on the Scout project:
>
> https://fusionforge.zih.tu-dresden.de/scm/viewvc.php?root=hicfd&view=rev
Welcome on board :-)

> They have provided quite extensive AST rewrite facilities, including
> cloning of the subtrees, and their approach seems quite elegant to me.
> They use a hybrid approach - they use pretty printing on the modified
> functions, the rest is copied from the original.It is a pity, that it
> is not possible to clone all kinds of AST nodes.
Most of the design origins from 2009. TBack then there was no
TreeTransform. Today IMHO cloning could be done by deriving TreeTranform
and set AlwaysRebuild to true. Actually I want to change StmtClone.cpp
in that way. However TreeTranform.h isn't part of the headers yet. Thus
I hesitate...

Best Olaf