[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] !!! 3.2 Release RC2 deadline November 29th

Tanya Lattner lattner at apple.com
Wed Nov 28 11:41:16 PST 2012

On Nov 28, 2012, at 9:30 AM, David Chisnall <dc552 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 28 Nov 2012, at 17:02, Tanya Lattner wrote:
>
>>> 14116 - Inliner incorrectly combines cleanup and catch landing pads
>>
>> I think this one can be moved out as a release blocker. Too much debate and no action on the bug in over a month.
>
> This bug means that we can't compile at anything over -O1, or we get code that does the wrong thing (e.g. terminate instead of catching an exception) if a function with a cleanup is inlined into one with a catch (or possibly the other way around).  I would really like to see it fixed for 3.2, because it results in some fairly serious miscompilations.  I discussed it with a few people at the DevMeeting.

So why isn't this caught by any of the regression testing (testsuite) if it nothing above -O1 can be compiled? I assume you mean for your project?

I'm trying to understand how large of a problem this is. Ideally, we want everything we can to get fixed.. but since there is some confusion and debate on this bug, I'm thinking its not a quick or easy fix.

-Tanya