[cfe-dev] Attempting to modify SimpleStreamChecker for a different file API

Anna Zaks ganna at apple.com
Mon Nov 26 16:25:22 PST 2012

Peeter,

For the purposes of tracking the state of the file, you could just track the symbol representing the struct, not the file handle inside of it. I would suggest getting this working first.

In order to get rid of the false positive, you should build an SVal expression representing "fh.fh == -1" and use ConstraintManager::assumeDual() to check if it's true/false/underconstrained in the given state, similarly to how checkNull() is implemented.  (I don't think there is isNegative() helper function; but you are welcome to add it.)

When building the expression, you can use the helper routines in the SValBuilder (ex: evalBinOp). You should be using MemRegionManager::getFieldRegion to represent the field of the struct. (Ex: See how BoolAssignmentChecker.cpp is building an expression and uses assumeDual.)

Cheers,
Anna.