[cfe-dev] recent change broke -fcatch-undefined-behavior

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Nov 20 17:51:20 PST 2012

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:24:15 -0800, Richard Smith said:

>> So nobody else sees this?  Even now (r168392), I still can't even
>build clang anymore...
>
>It looks like you're building compiler-rt with an old version of
>clang.

I'm using the clang supplied with Xcode 4.5.2, the newest available, released just this month.  Is that old?  :(

>You should be able to work around this by first building a new
>clang (remove compiler-rt from your checkout so the build succeeds),
>then building compiler-rt with that. Eventually the build system
>should do this for you, but that's not been implemented yet.

That worked, thanks!  I hope this is fixed for 3.2, it seems to me the current Xcode ought to be sufficient to bootstrap...

Anyway, now -fcatch-undefined-behavior works, yay!  Umm, I mean -fsanitize=undefined. :)

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com