[cfe-dev] tooling helper

Sat Nov 17 13:06:01 PST 2012

Hi,

wrote a small program which might help to use the tools, which are using
the tooling library. My understanding was that these tools need some
compilation database. And one format is the JSON compilation database,
which comes for free in a cmake project. Other projects could have
difficulties to generate such file. And that's where a tool could help.

  https://github.com/rizsotto/Bear

It runs the build command and intercept the 'exec' calls, filters the
compiler invocations and generate the output file. (It is using LD_PRELOAD
from GNU Libc, so it is not really portable.)

I know these kind of tools are out of scope here. But wanted to mention,
because it could simplify to solve some cases. At least it did to me. ;)

Regards,
Laszlo