[cfe-dev] Why can't library users create a Sema?

woppo waplington at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 02:58:53 PST 2012

>>Sema should really be split into several coordinating subclasses that
isolate parser callbacks from semantic analysis from template instantiation
from overloading and so on.

Do you know if this has happened, or what the status is of such
developments?  I'm interested in performing semantic analysis for a variety
of things e.g. detection of certain idioms/patterns (double checked lock and
singleton spring to mind) followed by automated refactoring of both
definition and call sites.

I'm familiar with walking the AST using clang, it's just that I suspect that
these types of analysis would be perhaps more naturally expressible at the
higher level of abstraction that Sema may provide.

woppo