[cfe-dev] Forum to ask question by clang users (not clang developers)

Matthieu Monrocq matthieu.monrocq at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 11:31:59 PDT 2012

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Rajendra <rks at cse.iitb.ac.in> wrote:

> Is there any forum to ask questions by clang users (not clang developers).
>
> Usually queries from clang users (who use clang for their specific needs)
> are not answered as clang developers may be busy or find them trivial or
> they get many such mails. This way clang users waste a lot of time to
> understand/know what is explored by others. I don't find many sites or
> forums or answering questions from clang users either!
>
> -Rajendra

Well, a number of Clang users have started using Stack Overflow for this
purpose, with more or less success.

There also was the suggestion of a cfe-users list to separate questions
from users from questions from developers... however it is not clear yet
what the benefit would be since using the libraries is very close to
hacking in the internal code.

Have you tried looking for your question on Stack Overflow or scanning the
archives of cfe-dev ?

-- Matthieu