[cfe-dev] Building LLVM and Clang with EKOPath 4

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Wed May 30 12:55:46 PDT 2012

30.05.2012, 22:29, "David Blaikie" <dblaikie at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Matthieu Monrocq <matthieu.monrocq at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've managed to build LLVM and Clang with EKOPath 4.0.12.1 compiler. Here are patches I had to introcduce
>>> to make it compiling.
>>>
>>> Patch for clang moves some classes from anonymous namespaces which otherwise caused linker
>>> errors. Probably it's a bug in compiler producing symbols with incorrect visibility.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Konstantin

>> I must admit it seems weird to be tweaking the code just to get it to compile with an exotic compiler.
>>
>> Adding includes occurs regularly because the standard does not define which standard includes include which others, so you often miss one or two.
>>
>> On the other hand, it seems strange that you had to add the "std::" qualifiers,
> This one's not actually that surprising - if a std::vector's iterators are implemented as raw pointers, rather than as a type in the std namespace, then unqualified find(vec.begin(), vec.end(), ...) won't compile, since 'find' won't be found via ADL.

EKOPath uses Apache stdcxx library as its STL implementation so it's probably the case.

>> remove the anonymous namespace in some places (all ?)
> This I can't explain - what errors are given that motivate this change?

There were several unresolved symbols coming from classes declared in these namespaces. Probably it's a bug in compiler which erroneously uses internal linking for symbols declared in anonymous namespace. For the record, this bug affects only derivatives of RecursiveASTVisitor template.

--
Regards,
Konstantin