[cfe-dev] Building LLVM and Clang with EKOPath 4

Matthieu Monrocq matthieu.monrocq at gmail.com
Wed May 30 11:20:04 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've managed to build LLVM and Clang with EKOPath 4.0.12.1 compiler. Here
> are patches I had to introcduce
> to make it compiling.
>
> Patch for clang moves some classes from anonymous namespaces which
> otherwise caused linker
> errors. Probably it's a bug in compiler producing symbols with incorrect
> visibility.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Konstantin

I must admit it seems weird to be tweaking the code just to get it to
compile with an exotic compiler.

Adding includes occurs regularly because the standard does not define which
standard includes include which others, so you often miss one or two.

On the other hand, it seems strange that you had to add the "std::"
qualifiers, remove the anonymous namespace in some places (all ?) and
change *--S.end() into S[S.size()-1].

I think it would be more productive to file bugs against EKOPath so they
improve their compiler instead. Don't you ?

-- Matthieu