[cfe-dev] Building Clang+LLVM from the distribution sources

Fletcher, John P j.p.fletcher at aston.ac.uk
Tue May 29 05:37:24 PDT 2012

Please would someone supply the instructions for building clang+llvm from the distribution sources, rather than from svn as given on the web site.  At the moment the sources for llvm, clang and compiler-rt are supplied separately and last two have to be moved into the llvm structure and renamed to map the structure in the svn instructions.

I have managed to do that and get a useful build.  I am sure there are people other than myself who need something other than the distribution binaries and therefore need to build clang.

It would be useful to have the same think for libc++ as well.

Thanks

John

Dr John P. Fletcher Tel: (44) 121 204 3389 (direct line), FAX: (44) 121 204 3678
Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry (CEAC),
formerly Associate Dean - External Relations,
School of Engineering and Applied Science (EAS),
Aston University, Aston Triangle, BIRMINGHAM B4 7ET  U.K.