[cfe-dev] scan-build man page

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Thu May 24 10:09:05 PDT 2012

On May 14, 2012, at 1:02 PM, James K. Lowden <jklowden at schemamania.org> wrote:

> But on reflection I prefer one static page.  The page could include a
> note similar to Ted's above, and/or each individual checker could be
> flagged as on/off/osx/linux/windows/unix etc.  The cheap way out would
> be for the manual to say simply "Defaults differ by OS; see scan-build
> --help for the list enabled by default on your system."

Lots of great comments here, but I just thought I briefly comment on this one.

Having a static page that documents the default for each checker on each platform would be great if that matrix doesn't get too complicated.  Alternatively, we could divide it by "Default for all platforms", "Default for Mac OS X", etc., which might be a more natural layout.  Regardless of how it is organized, if the matrix isn't too complicated, it would be good to have a single point of reference that succinctly summarizes the differences between platforms.